15 August 2011

Review: Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector

I’m sure by now you’ve all heard about the new BB cream by Garnier – the ‘miracle’ product that’s a sunscreen, moisturiser, primer and foundation all in one. Now, I have been dying to get my hands on this and they finally turned up in my local Boots!

The cream itself is thicker than I’d imagined but wasn't overly cakey. It has a beautifully fresh cucumber scent. It’s also just a bit too dark for my pale skin, even in the lightest shade, so hopefully they’ll release a larger range of shades. The coverage is good – this claims to ‘blur’ imperfections and, with less obvious blemishes, it really does give you that airbrushed look. However, if you’re dealing with redness or big angry spots, you will need to use a concealer underneath.

Unfortunately, I found this product relentlessly shiny, a big no-no if you’ve already got oily skin. I don’t know if this is because of the moisturising aspect, or if this is the ‘radiance’ and ‘healthy glow’ advertised on the packaging, or if it’s just my skin being weird, but I hated it. No matter how much powder I caked on top of it, I was shiny all day. To me, it didn’t look radiant, it looked sweaty.

Overall, this wasn’t the product it had been built up to be. If you really want to save time with your morning routine, this could be for you, but I won’t be buying this again.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and all products were purchased by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...