12 November 2011

MeMeMe Poppy Tint - Benefit Posietint dupe!

MeMeMe are relatively well known for their Benefit dupes and recently I got to try them out for myself. I purchased Beat The Blues in Sunbeam (which I promise to post about soon!) and Poppy Tint - a dead ringer for Benefit's Posietint.

Poppy Tint is a cute petal pink lip and cheek tint. The packaging is very similair to it's Benefit counterpart - a nail polish-like bottle and applicator brush. This won Poppy Tint major points for me as I find this kind of applicator so much more effective with a tint. You get 10ml of tint with MeMeMe and 12.5ml with Benefit, but 10ml goes so far you really won't notice the difference.

The colour looks to me almost identical, both are dolly pink shades, great for brightening up fair skin tones like mine! Benefit's is a slightly lighter, bubblegum pink. Now, I've tried to take pictures of Poppy Tint and Posietint swatched on my arm but webcam & bad lighting = horrible pictures, so I apologize for the bad quality! Here they are:

Left: MeMeMe Poppy Tint
Right: Benefit Posietint

I tried and failed to get a decent picture of the two swatches blended but I did get a picture of me wearing Poppy Tint on my cheeks and lips:Poppy Tint seems to me to be slightly more watery and light so you may need to layer it if you want the colour to really pop (in the picture above, I am only wearing one quick layer). Also, as with any stain, you do need to blend it as soon as you apply, otherwise you end up with glaringly obvious streaky cheeks! This lasted all day on my cheeks (hallelujah! I can never get blush to last) though I needed to re-apply it to my lips halfway through the day.

This is one of my new faves, I wasn't looking forward to shelling out £24.50 for another bottle of Posietint and now I don't have to! Poppy Tint retails at £5.25 - bargain! - at Superdrug and on the MeMeMe website.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and all products were purchased by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...