22 January 2012

Review: Pantene Pro V Protect and Smooth Range


I'm sure most of you have now seen or heard of Pantene's reformulated hair care range. These new products fall into 3 main categories - those for fine hair, thick hair and coloured hair - and each contain products to target specific hair needs, such as volume, frizz and shine.

Pantene used to be my everyday hair range - these days they don't really cut it for me, but whenever they come out with a new product I just have to try it! So I got kind of excited when I received a selection of samples from the new Protect and Smooth range - designed specially for coloured or highlighted hair to protect from styling damage and leave hair feeling silky smooth.

So, on to the verdict! I used the shampoo, conditioner and mask from this range, in one wash. The shampoo has a texture halfway between a cream and a gel, with a light, fruity scent. I found it quite hard to get a good lather with it and I needed a lot of it to get right through my hair (I have very thick, below the shoulder length hair). The conditioner however, I didn't need a lot of - it made for an interesting change, usually I can get through a bottle of conditioner in a couple of weeks! After washing off the conditioner, my hair felt instantly super smooth (always a good sign!). The mask, on application, didn't really seem like anything special - it just felt like a slightly heavier version of the conditioner.

After getting out the shower, I spritzed my hair with some of Tresemme's heat protection spray and gave it a quick blow dry until it was about 80% dry. At this point it was feeling extremely crunchy and not at all smooth - I, of course, decided I had found yet another dud hair range and went off to weep into my morning coffee. However, after it had fully dried, the results were so much better than I had expected. My hair had beautiful volume and my split ends looked as if they had disappeared. My hair felt softer, and while it wasn't shampoo ad smooth, it was damn good for a (relatively) cheap brand. I should stress though, I used the conditioner and the mask together - so I doubt the results will be quite as good using the conditioner only.

If you're wondering which of the new products are for you, Pantene have a cute little gadget on their website to diagnose your hair type and recommend the best products for your hair. And if you've tried any of the new Pantene products yourself, I'd love to hear how you got on, so let me know in the comments!

These products were provided to me by a third party. All opinions are my own. Pictures courtesy of Pantene.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...