2 January 2012

Quick Reviews: MeMeMe, The Body Shop & Rimmel

Clockwise: MeMeMe Blush Me! in Pink, MeMeMe Beat The Blues in Moonbeam, Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish in Purple Pulse and The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Radiance Capsules.
 
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I'm back at work tomorrow so I'm using today for some last minute pampering & relaxation before the chaos returns! Just thought I'd take a few minutes to give you some 'mini reviews' on some of my Christmas gifts.

 A while back, I got a sample of these from a Body Shop at Home consultant and fell in love. Vitamin C Facial Radiance Capsules are filled with orange scented serum. Each capsule is exactly the right amount you need, so no risk of not getting the full benefits by applying too much or too little. As you apply the serum, the texture changes to a sort of light oil (but don't worry to much if you have combo skin like me, I haven't seen any negative effects from it). This stuff is great for dull, dehydrated skin - I saw a difference right away, my skin was beautifully bright and soft. Downside - the tiny jar contains just 28 capsules, so it'll only last you around a month if you use it everyday.

Rimmel's Lasting Finish nail polish in Purple Pulse is a gorgeous dark purple shade - I have to apologise as you can't really tell by the quality of this picture! I was a little disappointed with this, it looks like a bright, bold purple in the bottle but on my nails it's much darker, even like a red wine colour in some lights. I'm wearing this with a layer of sheer glitter over it, but the actual polish is a block colour. As for lasting power, combined with a base and top coat, it's lasting okay - I applied this on New Year's Eve and as of today I have a couple of tiny chips but nothing noticable.

MeMeMe Blush Me! in Pink is a sheer and shimmery baby pink shade. Packaging look familiar to you? Yep, once again, MeMeMe are taking some inspiration from Benefit, this time in the form of their famous blush boxes. As far as I know, Pink isn't a direct shade dupe but I've heard Blush Me! in Rouge is very similair to Benefit's Coralista. Anyway, this shade gives a subtle, girly glow and has decent lasting power, but isn't much to write home about.

If you're a regular reader, you'll know I've been coveting this for some time - again, MeMeMe pull it out of the bag with Beat The Blues in Moonbeam, a spot on dupe of Benefit's pricey but delightful High Beam. This pearly pink highlighter is great for illuminating pale, dull skin (like mine!). Compared to Benefit, this is a little watery and the brush is definitely much lower quality, but still usable. The shade, I think, is a little 'harder' (if that makes sense) and less pearly than High Beam, but once it's blended you can't really see the difference. I forgot to get a photo of Moonbeam and High Beam side-by-side but here's a swatch of Moonbeam alone:
(Click to enlarge) Left: MeMeMe's Moonbeam, unblended. Right: Moonbeam, blended in.

And that's everything! What Christmas goodies did you all get this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...