11 December 2011

MeMeMe Beat The Blues Sunbeam - more Benefit dupes!

MeMeMe’s Beat The Blues illuminators are another of their infamous Benefit dupes. MeMeMe’s Moonbeam is a dupe of Benefit’s High Beam and MeMeMe’s Sunbeam is a dupe of Benefit’s Moonbeam. Confused? So was I – and I ended up ordering the wrong one!

For a while I’ve been searching for a cheap alternative to High Beam, a gorgeous pearly pink highlighter. When I heard some murmurings about Beat The Blues I immediately got onto Superdrug and ordered a bottle. Thinking that MeMeMe’s Moonbeam MUST be the dupe of Benefit’s Moonbeam, I ordered a bottle of Sunbeam – oops. So instead of my pink highlighter, I got this:

Left: Sunbeam blended. Right: dabbed straight on, unblended. Click for bigger picture.

I really wish I had someone with a good tan around to model this for me, because it just does not work with my pale skin! Sunbeam is a very shimmery, golden shade and I’m sure it would look much better as a highlighter for more tanned skin tones. On me…not so great.

There’s not much I can really say about this product. It seems to be good quality, with my favourite nail polish bottle style packaging and applicator, like the Benefit originals and MeMeMe's Poppytint, however the brush was already a little mangled when it arrived and has been in an utter state since. Sunbeam is very shimmery, so if you’re not into your glitter, stay away! And, sorry to repeat myself, but again, this is not for pale skin tones!

MeMeMe Beat The Blues illuminators are available from Superdrug for £5.25, and on the MeMeMe website.

PS: I've dropped some heavy hints that I'd quite like the High Beam dupe for Christmas, so expect a review of that in the New Year!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and all products were purchased by myself.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to have this one in sunbeam! perfect dupe of Benefits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...