24 February 2012

Review: Garnier Caffeine 2-in-1 Tinted Eye Roll On

Continuing the theme of products I can't believe I haven't reviewed yet - Garnier's famous anti-dark circles tinted eye roller. This has been a staple in my make up bag for months and has lasted so long I don't know what I'll do when it finally runs out!

My absolute favourite thing about this product is the metal roller ball applicator - it cools and refreshes the under eye area, an absolute lifesaver for tired eyes. However, I'm placing this firmly in the 'make up' rather than 'skin care' category. This is often marketed as a skin care product and I strongly disagree - this is essentially a liquid concealer, with some nice ingredients. This is not going to do anything for your dark circles in the long term.

I bought this in the 'Fair' shade. Boots' website tells me there are now four colours available, including an Extra Fair, but Fair was the lightest I could find at the time and unfortunately is not quite light enough for my skin, having a bit of an orange tint. It provides medium to full coverage and illuminates the eyes beautifully. Downside - I have noticed this occasionally sinking into the fine lines around my eyes, which I definitely do not want highlighted! This isn't glaring obvious for a few tiny lines, but I dread to think of the effect on deeper wrinkles or crow's feet.

Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark Circles 2-in-1 Eye Roll On is available from Boots for £10.20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...