11 February 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

You've probably all seen the advert for this foundation (with Rimmel model Kate Moss looking utterly flawless and making me want to buy the whole Rimmel cosmetics range!) - it makes some pretty amazing claims, so of course I had to try it out for myself!

The claims: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation promises "beauty sleep in a bottle" - giving you wide awake, illuminated, flawless skin. It also claims to minimise signs of premature aging and to last up to 10 hours. Big promises! So here's my before and after photos:

Before
After

I have to say, I was really impressed by this foundation! It gives great coverage (I had a few angry, red spots around my chin/jaw area and this covered them perfectly) and my skin looked warmer and brighter, and my skin tone more even. I'm always weary of foundation that promises a 'radiant glow' - this almost always translates to 'oil slick' - but that wasn't the case with this. Yes, there's some shine, but it really does look like a glow rather than grease. However - this has glitter/shimmer in it. Why?! I don't know anyone who actually wears glitter all over their face. This is a major annoyance for me, but at least when applied to the face it's very subtle and almost unnoticable.

This lasted okay for me, though not quite the quoted 10 hours - it started to wearing off after 5-6 hours. I also noticed around this time that it had sunk into a few dry patches, leaving that dreaded orange tinted flaking - not so perfect.

Wake Me Up Foundation is available in 6 shades (in the photos I'm wearing Soft Beige - surprisingly flattering on my paler than pale skin) online and in-store from Boots - currently on sale at £5.99, but RRP is £8.99. Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...