26 February 2012

Reviews: Boots Vitamin E Skin Care Range

You'll all know by now that I love a bargain - and, generally speaking, Boots own brand ranges are the perfect balance of high quality/low cost. The Vitamin E range has become a regular in my skin care routine - currently I'm using the night cream, eye cream and toner. I've also been using the facial oil, but as far as I can tell this has now been discontinued.

Vitamin E, when used in skin care, is known for it's antioxidant and anti-ageing benefits, for aiding in sun protection and for it's hydrating properties - making it ideal for dry and mature skin types. This range, however, is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin (although, not having sensitive skin myself, I'm having to take their word for it!).

The toner is very gentle and is marketed as a hydrating product - a big change if you're used to high alcohol astringents, like me. However, I didn't really feel like this product did much for me. Even worse, I've been getting a lot of breakouts lately, and this toner could be the cause (I've got it narrowed down to either the toner or the oil - I stopped using the oil a couple of weeks ago but I've not seen much improvement).

Another thing to mention is that the products in this range have a somewhat light, almost floral fragrance. A lot of people have said they love it, but I'm personally not a fan and, for some reason, I really hate it in the toner. So if you dislike scented products, you might want to skip this range.

Boots Vitamin E Toner is available for £2.54.

The eye cream is by far my favourite of this line. It has a light but nourishing, non-greasy formula with SPF 15 - making it perfect for day wear. This claims to help with fine lines, dark circles and puffiness, it even claims to visibly reduce them within 4 weeks. Personally, I can't say that I've seen any long-term results and I don't think it does much for puffy eyes. This does seem to have some light-reflecting elements though, and maybe even a slight pinkish tint, which instantly conceals shadows under eyes - and makes it an instant favourite for me. Be careful when applying this - it's all too easy to squeeze out a dab too much.

Boots Vitamin E SPF15 Eye Cream is available for £2.54.

The night cream is just lovely - it's actually the first night cream I've ever used, being utterly paranoid a night cream would be too heavy for my oily/combination skin. So wrong! This cream is heavy enough to work as a great evening moisturiser, but light enough that it doesn't feel heavy or greasy on your skin. I find this leaves me with brighter, more radiant skin - immediately after application and when I wake up in the morning. Absolutely fantastic for dull, dehydrated skin.

Boots Vitamin E Night Cream is available for £3.05.





This is by no means the full list of products - also available in the range are face wash, day moisturisers, face wipes, hand cream, cleansers and body butter. Of course, all are available from Boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...