23 February 2012

Review: Soap & Glory Hand Food

A good hand cream is an absolute essential for me - I have extremely dry, flaking (hard working!) hands. I wash and sanitise my hands regularly and work with some very harsh chemicals which - as some of you will know all too well - leaves skin dry and damaged. I've tried too many hand creams to keep count of and you can always find a tube of something in my handbag - for the last few months it's been Soap & Glory's Hand Food.

First off, like many Soap & Glory products, this is scented with their Original Pink fragrance which smells just lovely, the first few times I used it I couldn't stop sniffing my hands afterwards - which earned me a few odd looks! This also markets itself as non-greasy - I've found this to be true but only if you use exactly the right amount. Too little and your hands are still dry, just a pinch too much and they're noticeably greasy.

But does this actually provide enough moisture for dry hands? If you've got normal to mildly dry skin, I think this will work for you. For extremely dry skin, like mine, try something else. I really wanted to love this cream, and it did provide decent hydration when first applied, but it faded fast. About an hour after application my hands were dry and tight again. Despite using this several times a day, every day, for several months, my hands are in no better condition. Overall, very disappointing!

I've spoken to a lot of people who have used this and loved it, so if you're still curious and in need of a good hand moisturiser, give it a go - at just a fiver, it's cheap enough to be guilt-free (and it does smell delish).

Soap & Glory Hand Food is available from Boots for £5.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...