25 March 2012

Review: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation

I have lusted after Chanel's make up range for years, so when I got my hands on a sample of Perfection Lumiere it was like Christmas morning!

So here's the facts: this is a fluid foundation with SPF 10, promising lightweight, long lasting coverage. It's non-comedogenic and suitable for all skin types. There is a huge range of shades available (in the photos below I'm wearing 30 Beige - unfortunately, slightly too dark for me and has a bit of an orange tint).

The first thing I noticed is this product's gorgeous smell - not a major factor when choosing foundation, but a nice addition! It has a very liquid consistency and absorbs into skin quickly, so you do need to work fast when applying and blending.

Major entry in the pro column - this didn't sink in to fine lines & dry patches, at all. These days I usually try to stay away from liquid foundations as I find they always sink into dry patches that I didn't even know I had - not a pretty effect. But this foundation perfectly glided over any unsightly areas.

So here's my before and afters:

Before
After
















This gives a lovely luminous, radiant finish, not matte but not overly shiny either. Coverage is light to medium and lasting power is pretty good (although I haven't quite given it the 15 hour test!).

This is a nice foundation - but it didn't blow me away. I expected something a little more fabulous from Chanel! Again, it's not bad, I like the foundation, but for the price I'd expect something extra spectacular.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere is available from House Of Fraser for £36.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...