16 March 2012

Review: Clearasil Daily Clear Vitamins & Extracts Wash and Mask

Like many people, I tend to associate Clearasil with the harsh acne treatments I used in my teens - not a brand that I would really consider these days. However, their new Daily Clear Vitamins & Extracts range claims to use only mild cleansers, gently clearing blemished, oily skin without over-drying - so with that in mind, I decided to let Clearasil back into my skin care routine.

This product can be used as a face wash or as a 3 minute mask and is ideal for oily/combination skin. Ingredients include pomegranate extract, a wonderful antioxidant, and Vitamin E and avocado extracts, both great for nourishing skin.

As a face wash, it's slightly creamier than I expected and doesn't really foam much. The downside to this also being a quick mask is that the cleanser begins setting if you spend more than about 30 seconds massaging it in, making it a pain to remove. Of course, if you prefer a quick cleanse, this won't be problem for you! When first removed, I found this made my skin feel very tight and a bit dry. After a couple of minutes though, my skin felt a lot softer and very smooth, although it still felt tight - so I'm not entirely convinced by Clearasil's 'non-drying' claims.

As a mask, I found it a little too wet and sloppy to apply well - the texture and consistency definitely works better as a wash. For a quick mask, it gives quite impressive results - immediately after removing the mask my skin felt soft and plump and looked brighter. In the hours after using it I also noticed that the breakout of angry spots around my chin was visibly calmer with less redness.

Clearasil Daily Clear Vitamins & Extracts Wash and Mask is available from Boots for the purse-friendly price of £4.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...