24 March 2012

Review: Suddenly Madame Glamour EDP - Lidl's £3.99 Perfume

Photo courtesy of lidl.co.uk

This one's been around for a while (I recently finished my first bottle) - the big hype with this perfume is a blind smell test run by John Bailey, head of the Perfumers Guild. In a group of 150 women, 90% preferred Lidl's Suddenly Madame Glamour (£3.99) to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle (£61). Big praise! 

John Bailey describes this as having "fresh citrus and floral notes merging to an alluring, exotic oriental accord". Now, I've tried a lot of cheap perfumes, and generally I find that in perfume vocabulary, oriental means a cheap alcohol smell - and that's true of Suddenly when first sprayed. However, I find it does mellow, bringing out a rich, glamorous scent. Despite being an eau de parfum, I did have to reapply throughout the day as the fragrance faded fast.

 I'll be honest - overall, this scent is just okay. I personally would never choose it over Chanel! But for £3.99, you are not going to find better. Worth trying out next time you do a food shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...